Milan Malpensa Airport located about 50km from the city of Milan and 32km from Varese. The largest of Milan’s airports is also a hub for EasyJet.The airport handled almost 29 million passengers in 2019 and is ranked as 20th busiest in Europe and 2nd busiest in Italy in terms of passengers.
Milan Malpensa Airport is a modern facility with a wide range of duty-free shops, restaurants, bars and VIP lounges.
There are also 2 hotels, Hotel Sheraton (T1) and Hotel Moxy (T2) or a new capsule-style hotel ZZZleepandGo MXP.
There are cash machines and exchange booths in both check-in and arrivals areas.
Airlines operating direct flights from the UK: RyanAir, EasyJet; from London also: British Airways
The airport is open 24 hours.
Milan Malpensa Airport Transit
There are 2 Terminals at Malpensa airport. Terminal 2 serves easyJet flights only and Terminal 1 serves all other airlines. To change terminals it is necessary to leave the terminal and go through the security checks again at the other terminal.There is a free bus shuttle operating daily between the terminals every 7 minutes from 6.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m., and of about 30 minutes from 11.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.
- At T1, the bus stop is located in front of Sheraton Hotel.
- At T2, the Bus stop is located at the sidewalk in front of ARRIVALS exit.
connection between Terminals 1 and 2 of Malpensa is available every day from 4:27 a.m. to 00:20 a.m. and it is free for every passenger in possession of a valid ticket from one of the two Malpensa Terminals
- At T1, the station is located at -1 floor (underground floor). Ticket office opens daily from 6:15 a.m. to 9:20 p.m.
- At T2, the station is located at an underground floor and it is connected with Terminal 2 through a pedestrian crossing. Ticket office opens daily from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
We recommend at least 45 minutes to change your flight comfortably.
Milan Malpensa Airport Transfer
The airport can be easily reached from the centre of Milan with the Malpensa Express train from Milan Cadorna, Milan Central, and Milano Porta Garibaldi stations. Malpensa Express train stops at Malpensa Terminal 1 and Malpensa Terminal 2
The stops of Malpensa Express train are:
- Milano Centrale – Milano Porta Garibaldi – Milano Bovisa – Saronno – Rescaldina – Castellanza – Busto Arsizio FN – Ferno-Lonate Pozzolo – Malpensa Terminal 1 – Malpensa Terminal 2.
- Milano Cadorna – Milano Bovisa – Saronno – Busto Arsizio FN – Malpensa Terminal 1 – Malpensa Terminal 2
Malpensa Terminal 1 departures:
- first ride at 5:26 a.m.,
- last ride at 12:26 a.m.
- Trains scheduled every 30 minutes
Malpensa Terminal 2 departures:
- first ride at 5:20 a.m.,
- last ride at 12:20 a.m.
- Trains scheduled every 30 minutes.
Milano Cadorna railway station departures:
- first ride at 4:27 a.m.,
- last ride at 11:27 p.m.
- Trains scheduled every 30 minutes.
13 EURcurrently £11.71
20 EURcurrently £18.02
The return date can be modified a maximum of 3 times, as long as it is done by the day before the trip and in any case within 30 days following the outbound trip. The outbound date cannot be modified
Purchase tickets online or at the station.
Bus connections between Milan Central Station and the two terminals of Malpensa Airport are operated by three bus lines: Terravision, Malpensa Bus Express (Autostradale) and Malpensa Shuttle (Air Pullman)
- Buses departure every 20 minutes between 5:05 and 0:10 (3:50 – 21:55 from Milan Central Station to Airport)
- The journey takes 40 minutes from Terminal 2 and 50 minutes from Terminal 1
Purchase Terravision bus ticket online here
8 EURcurrently £7.21
14 EURcurrently £12.61
Tickets bought online are usually 2 € cheaper.
There is a direct bus Orio Shuttle between those to airports, including both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 in Malpensa.
Bus leaves 3 times a day from platform 3. The journey takes about 1.5 hours.
Oreo Shuttle timetable
Another option is via Milan Centre where you can change onto train Malpensa Express. This journey takes about 150 minutes.
Orio Shuttle Single ticket
10 EURcurrently £9.01
Tickets bought online offer 2 € discount at some times.
Accomodation near the airport