There are currently cheap fares currently sold in advance on flights from London Gatwick or Manchester Airport to either Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh or Marsa Alam tourist destinations, all along the coast of Red Sea.
Destinations are available by following:
- to Hurghada – with cheap departures starting on 10.11. (then 17.11. or 24.11.) for £129., then for example 3., 10. December, for £130 and more fares in January and February.
- It is possible to find much more cheap fares at this date range as the total price depends on the price of returning ticket (usually the cheapest returns are in 5-6 or 7 days from the date of departure.
- To spent the whole Christmas week in Egypt, there is an option with 1 stepover (12 or 16hrs) in Venice [VCE] airport with tickets costing pleasant £130, which is a great price for one of the busiest time of the year.
- To Sharm El-Sheikh – Cheap fares begin on 2nd November, then every Monday and Saturday till 12th December. Prices skyrocket over Christmas period and get back low (around £139) from 2nd January, then stay low every Saturday till 1st February and on Mondays (18.1., 25.1., and 1.2.) Example flight here.
- To Hurghada – currently the only cheap flight seems to be on 12, 14, 18, 22 Nov, with returns usually in 6-7 days
The flights are operated by low-cost airline Easyjet with a complimentary standard sized hand baggage. Read more about fees and other requirements for Easyjet airline in our guide.
What’s the weather like in Egypt in December?
The weather might just be ‘spot-on’ for some visitors who would love to see some of the local, world-famous sights and yet it is usually still warm enough (with a daily maximum average of 24°C) to do some relaxation on the beach and swimming in the Red Sea. You can experience colder temperatures during the night (as low as 13°C, 19°C in November), so it’s a good idea to bring along a jumper or a jacket for the chilly evenings.
Days are still much longer than in our climate zone, with sunrises after 6 AM and sunsets around 5 PM.
The sea temperature should be around 22 – 24°C. It rarely rains at this climate zone, with on average only 8mm of rainfall during this month.