Cancun Airport, one of the largest Caribbean airports in South East Mexican Peninsula Yucatan.
It is located approximately 25km from the nearest resorts.
There are 3 terminals at the Cancun Airport. Terminal 1 for low-cost flights, Terminal 2 for connections from USA, Mexico and Terminal 3 for all other flights. There were more than 25 million passengers going through the airport in 2019.
There is a free shuttle between all three terminals.
Currently, the only airlines operating direct flights from the UK are British Airways and TUI Airways, both from London Gatwick.
The airport is open 24/7.
Cancun Airport Transit
Weekends are very busy at the airport, thus give yourself enough time between flights.Weekdays are not as bad but if you are flying in during peak hours (10:00 to 16:00) then you may run into some long lines at the immigration and customs booths.When connecting onto a domestic flight, you will have to clear immigration first before boarding your next flight.
Cancun Airport Transfer
There is a bus service to both Cancun and Playa del Carmen from the Cancun Airport.
- Buses are operated by ADO company. They operate from 8:00 – 00:30 with departures every 30 minutes from Terminal 1 .
- The first bus in the opposite direction departures at 4:30 and next at 7:00 – 23:00.
- The journey takes approximately 30 minutes.
Playa del Carmen
- Buses operate from 8:30 – 00:30 (4:30 – 22:30 in opposite direction).
- They departure every 20-30 minutes.
- The journey takes approximately 1 hour.
You can book your tickets online at their website.
86 MXNcurrently £3.08
Playa del Carmen
208 MXNcurrently £7.44
Taxis are waiting right outside of the airport.
700 MXNcurrently £25.04
Accomodation near the airport